HUMI: Uploading your payroll register
Reviewing your benefits
Before processing your payroll, you should download the template from the Humi platform to ensure everything was updated correctly. Head to your TFSA or RRSP benefit and click ‘Download CSV Template’ in the top right corner.
This file should match the payroll instructions file that you just uploaded.
Submitting your payroll report
After each payroll cycle, you should export a benefits report and upload it in the 'Pay Contributions' tab of your Employer Dashboard. To do this, head to 'Reporting' > 'Payroll' > 'Benefits Report' in the Humi platform.
Before you export the file, make sure the filter is set to ‘Annual’. This will ensure consistency with our system.
Completing your update
You'll now upload the benefits report in the 'Pay Contributions' tab of the Employer Dashboard:
- Review the on-screen summary of total contributions, the split between employee and employer contributions, and the pay period before uploading the file.
- Click the “Submit” button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Make sure you see the Success message before you log out.
Once your payroll register is uploaded, instructions go to Canadian Western Trust to automatically withdraw funds from your account for contributions and fees owing to Common Wealth.
Note: This step is completed every payroll cycle. If there have been no changes since your last payroll upload, you can download your last submitted file, update the date columns to reflect the correct pay period, and upload that file.
Payroll register file dos and don’ts
- Update your pay period start and end dates in each payroll register
- Be sure your payroll start and end dates don’t overlap
- Confirm that all date fields are entered in YYYY-MM-DD format
- Include two decimal points in your contribution columns
- Include both member and employer matching amounts, if applicable
- Update or paste over the column headers
- Include formulas or cell references in your file
- Use negative values. If you’ve entered these by mistake, please contact us for help with making corrections.
- Leave any empty rows in your file or include an employee without a contribution