If I leave my employer, can I continue to contribute to the plan in the future?
Even if you've moved on from your employer, your Common Good retirement savings plan is yours for life! That means you retain access to your RRSP and TFSA accounts so you can keep investing and growing your retirement savings--with fees that are lower than a typical bank RRSP.
Changes to make in your Common Good plan when you leave your workplace plan
To retain access to your RRSP and TFSA accounts and keep making regular contributions, log in to your account on a desktop or laptop computer and complete these steps:
- Update your profile with your personal email address
- Start contributing from your bank account. Go to the “My Plan” tab and set up your monthly contribution
What you can do in your Common Good plan:
- Keep more of your investment earnings with our low fees
- Estimate how much you’ll receive in government benefits during retirement
- Track your retirement readiness with personalized planning tools
- Transfer in any existing RRSP/TFSAto consolidate your retirement investments
- Benefit from automatic investing and rebalancing of a diversified investment portfolio
Continue to invest in your future by making monthly contributions via your personal bank account. If you haven’t already added your bank information, follow these instructions.
If you need help to optimize your plan or to better understand how our fees compare to other plans, connect with a retirement specialists here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing your account
If you wish to transfer your money to another financial institution, you’ll need to contact the receiving institution so that they can help facilitate the transfer. Alternatively, you can make a cash withdrawal that is subject to withholding tax and other applicable fees.
We look forward to helping you build a great financial future!